Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
Links to General Literary sites
the complete review
See also separate pages with links to:
Book Review sites | Literary Weblogs | (Inter)national Literary sites | Publishers
Literary Links Index:
General Literary Sites:
- African Writing online. Magazine with variety of literary coverage and material.
- Al Jadid Magazine. A Review & Record of Arab Culture and Arts. Includes good literary coverage.
- Alt-X Online Network. "Where the digerati meet the literati." Includes the electronic book review, Mark Amerika's amerika online, and the "classic" grammatron. Nice look, interesting content, navigation a bit cumbersome.
- Asymptote. An "international journal dedicated to literary translation". Quarterly.
- Banipal. Magazine of Modern Arab Literature.
- berfois. "Intellectual Jousting in the Republic of Letters".
- BiblioMonde. French site with international focus.
- Book Beast. Book coverage at The Daily Beast.
- Bookreporter.com. "Where readers and writers click" (oy !). Reviews, interviews, articles.
- Bookriot. Dedicated to the idea that writing about books and reading should be just as diverse as books and readers are.
- The Bookseller. Good general information about current British publishing. (Have to register to get much of the information.)
- Bookslut. Good book site with interesting material, reviews.
- booktrade.info. UK publishing industry news.
- Booktrust. "Inspiring a love of books." Good, large, informative site.
- Börsenblatt. Magazin fur den deutschen Buchhandel. German book news.
- British Council Literature. A "way to access and keep up-to-date with contemporary British Literature". Includes useful Contemporary Writers Directory.
- Brittle Paper. "An African Literary Experience". Good coverage.
- The Caravan. Literary coverage in The Caravn, Indian focus. Monthly.
- Constant Reader. Reader discussions. Good selection.
- Contemporary Postcolonial and Postimperial Literature in English. Useful, far-ranging.
- The Critical Flame. "A Journal of Literature and Culture". Bi-monthly.
- fabula. French. "La recherche en littérature". Focus on literary scholarship.
- goodreads. "The largest social network for readers in the world."
- goodreports.net. Occasional commentary and reviews.
- Guernica. "A magazine of art and politics".
- Identity Theory. "Literature, conversation, miscellany".
- Iran Book News Agency. Good general information; Iranian focus.
- Jacket Magazine. "With poetry, interviews, reviews, articles on photography and type"
- Literary Hub. 'The Best of the Literary Internet'.
- Literary Resources on the Net. Excellent annotated links list on practically all things literary.
- Das Literatur-Café. German site. "Der literarische Treffpunkt im Internet".
- Literature & Translation. UNESCO offers vital information on still unknown foreign literatures, representative literary guide lists, as well as news from the international publishing and translation sector.
- Literature in Context. "Presents European literatures in context for the 19th and 20th century".
- The Millions. "Offering coverage on books, arts, and culture ".
- The Modern Novel. "A website on the world-wide literary novel since approximately the beginning of the twentieth century, arranged by nationality."
- Online Literary Criticism Collection at Internet Public Library. Over 4500 links, but of varying use, not comprehensive.
- The Paris Review interviews. All the author-interviews from The Paris Review (eventually). All in the detested pdf format, but a fantastic collection.
- Pegasos. Literature related resources, including Author's Calendar (with very good summary author biographies).
- PEN. Including: PEN International, English Centre, American Center.
- Pen Transmissions. "Dedicated to international writing".
- Perlentaucher. German. Mainly summaries (with links) of domestic and foreign press, specifically of literary coverage. Very useful.
- places for writers. "Resources for Canadia writers", but also good general coverage.
- Placing Literature. Exploring literay places.
- Poets & Writers. Some articles from magazine, as well as additional, on-line only information.
- Publishers Weekly. US publishing news.
- Publishing Perspectives. "An international online publishing newsletter".
- Publishing Trends. "News and opinion on the changing world of book publishing". Limited amount freely accessible.
- Readysteadybook.com. "A literary site". Mainly reviews, but also some author interviews and articles. Good, literary focus.
- The Rumpus. "Culture, daily." Some literary coverage.
- Salon (Slovakia). "Essays and feuilletons published by the European and world press, with a special focus on Central Europeans countries".
- Slightly Foxed. "The Real Reader's Quarterly". Each issue of 96 pages contains around 25 reviews of between 30 and 40 books. Unclear how much will be freely accessible.
- Society of Authors. Founded "to protect the rights and further the interests of authors". Some useful information.
- Tablet. "A new read on Jewish life."Some literary coverage.
- 3AM Magazine. Good literary magazine, with fiction, interviews.
- Transcript. Bi-monthly, tri-lingual review of books and writing from around Europe. "Its aim is to promote quality literature written in the smaller languages and to give wider circulation to material from small-language literary publications".
- Tweed's. Formerly The Coffin Factory. A magazine of literature and art.
- Untitled Books. "Stories, articles, recommendations and beautiful books from extraordinary writers."
- The Victorian Web. Very good Victorian literature resource.
- Web del Sol. "Locus of literary art on the WWW".
- Words Without Borders. "The Online Magazine for International Literature". Excellent introduction to international writers.
- See also: NewPages Guide to Literary Magazines. Good link list.
- See also: Poetry & Literary Magazines, Journals, Ezines. More than 400 Links.
Return to Index.
Online Texts - Book and Periodical Collections
Return to top
© 2015 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links