Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Michel Leiris' Nights as Day, Days as Night, just re-issued in a nice Spurl edition
- Ken MacLeod's timely The Execution Channel -- just re-issued in the US
- More by the great Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky, the novel The Return of Munchausen
- Mathias Énard's prix Goncourt-winning novel, Compass, now out in English
- The first complete English translation of Magha's The Killing of Shishupala, now out in the wonderful Murty Classical Library of India
- Thai author Prabda Yoon's collection of stories, The Sad Part Was, just out from Tilted Axis Press
- Leonardo Padura's ambitious, big novel, Heretics, now out in English
- A stand-alone thriller from Higashino Keigo, The Name of the Game is a Kidnapping
- A Slow Boat to China RMX by Furukawa Hideo, Slow Boat
- More James M. Cain -- his 1953 novel, Galatea
- Abdelfattah Kilito's slim study, The Tongue of Adam
- A near-contemporary science fiction thriller from Fujii Taiyo, Orbital Cloud
- Daniel Kehlmann's small horror-tale, You Should Have Left, forthcoming in English in June
- Kawakami Hiromi's The Nakano Thrift Shop -- already out in the UK, and coming to the US in June
- Michael S. Koyama's financial thriller, The Shanghai Intrigue
- Emmanuel Carrère's The Kingdom
- 1978 Nobel laureate Isaac Bashevis Singer's The Certificate
- Domenico Starnone's Ties, now in English, in a translation by Jhumpa Lahiri, from Europa Editions
- Malin Persson Giolito's Best Swedish Crime Novel-winning novel, Quicksand
- China Miéville's surrealist fantasy, The Last Days of New Paris
- A Phenomenology by Peter Mendelsund, What We See When We Read
- Louis Levy's 1910 novel, Kzradock the Onion Man and the Spring-Fresh Methuselah, now in English, from Wakefield Press
- Forbidden Stories from Inside North Korea by Bandi, The Accusation
- Jérôme Ferrari's Werner Heisenberg-novel, The Principle
- Angela Carter's classic The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman
- Alasdair Roberts considers Four Crises of American Democracy: Representation, Mastery, Discipline, Anticipation
- Popular Romanian author Dan Lungu's I'm an Old Commie! now available in English, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Thorvald Steen's Snorre Sturlason-novel, The Little Horse
- The second volume in Agustín Fernández Mallo's trilogy, Nocilla Experience
- Forthcoming from Pushkin Press, another dark Frédéric Dard tale, The Executioner Weeps
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2017 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links