Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Daša Drndić's two-story collection of Doppelgänger, just out from Istros Books
- A Zulu Epic by Mazisi Kunene, Emperor Shaka the Great, recently re-issued by the University Of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- A Boolean Comedrama by Oulipians Jacques Jouet and Olivier Salon, Two-Step
- Nobel laureate Harry Martinson's classic science fiction epic in verse, Aniara
- Kiran Nagarkar's 1974 debut, Seven Sixes are Forty-Three
- Nobel laureate Patrick Modiano's 2003 novel, Paris Nocturne
- Karen Duve's set-in-2031 thriller, The Prepper Room
- Fragments of a True-to-Life Autobiography by Maryse Condé, What is Africa to Me ?
- Jean-Jacques Schuhl's 1972 work Dusty Pink, finally in English, from Semiotext(e)
- Marc Behm's thriller, Afraid to Death
- Manzoor Ahtesham's Hindi novel, The Tale of the Missing Man, just out in English from Northwestern University Press
- Aka Mortschiladse's Saba prize winning 2011 novel, Obolé, just out -- in German
- Yokoyama Hideo's Seventeen -- already out in the UK; coming to the US next month
- An updated edition of a collection by Dubravka Ugrešić, American Fictionary, just out from Open Letter
- Two Plays of Weimar Germany by Ferdinand Bruckner, just out in a new translation from Northwestern University Press:
- Adolf Muschg's novel, Löwenstern
- Ross Thomas' 1966 thriller, The Cold War Swap
- Kim Sagwa's Mina, just about out, from Two Lines Press
- Nobel laureate Luigi Pirandello's 1926 novel, One, No One, and One Hundred Thousand, just re-issued by Spurl
- A new translation of Arkady and Boris Strugatsky's The Snail on the Slope, just out from Chicago Review Press
- Pablo Katchadjian's playful What to Do
- A new novel from Gianrico Carofiglio, The Cold Summer, just out from Bitter Lemon Press
- A most impressive Iris Murdoch novel, An Accidental Man
- Monique Wittig's 1969 classic, Les Guérillères
- A Tragicomedy in Five Acts by Venedikt Erofeev, Walpurgis Night, or the Steps of the Commander
- Pierre Lemaitre's thriller, Inhuman Resources, now out in English
- Theodor Kallifatides On Memory, Language, Love, and the Passage of Time, in Another Life
- Virginie Despentes' 1998 novel, Pretty Things, now in English, from Feminist Press
- The Case of a Literary Legacy by Benjamin Balint, Kafka's Last Trial
- Dror Burstein's Netanya
- Faroese author William Heinesen's The Black Cauldron, recently re-issued by Dedalus
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2018 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links