Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- César Aira's obsession with Artforum -- his latest, coming from New Directions
- Dorothea Zeemann's 1959 novel, Das Rapportbuch
- Yokomizo Seishi's 1951 mystery The Inugami Curse, just re-issued by Pushkin Press
- Harsha's 7th century play, Priyadarśikā
- The Encyclopedia Series by Gonçalo M. Tavares, collected in Reading is Walking, just out in English
- Jonas Karlsson's The Circus, now also out in a US edition
- A chronicle of old Tibet by W. Tailing, The Secret Tale of Tesur House
- Chana Porter's debut novel, The Seep
- Bharatchandra Ray's eighteenth century In Praise of Annada, in Harvard University Press' Murty Classical Library of India series
- The latest in Massimo Carlotto's Alligator-series, Blues for Outlaw Hearts and Old Whores
- Endo Shusaku's 1965 work, Foreign Studies
- Charles Dantzig on Why Read ?
- Alberto Barrera Tyszka's Hugo Chávez-novel, The Last Days of El Comandante, already out in the UK and coming to the US soon
- Two novels about Akhenaten:
- Szabó Magda's popular Abigail, now in English
- The latest by Peter Stamm, The Sweet Indifference of the World
- Sébastien Japrisot's 1962 thriller, The Sleeping-Car Murders (also published as: The 10:30 from Marseilles)
- Daniel Kehlmann's Tyll, now also in English
- Yashpal's 1945 Hindi novel, Divya
- Ruth Rendell's A Sight for Sore Eyes
- Phillipa K. Chong on Book Reviewing in Uncertain Times, in Inside the Critics' Circle
- Hermann Burger's 1970 novel Lokalbericht, first published posthumously in 2016
- Philippe Lançon on Surviving Charlie Hebdo, in Disturbance
- Célia Houdart's novel, Quarry, now in English, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Mihail Sebastian's 1935 novel, The Town with Acacia Trees, now in English from Aurora Metro Books
- Marion Poschmann's Man Booker International Prize-longlisted The Pine Islands
- Cuban author Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral
- Shokoofeh Azar's Stella Prize-shortlisted novel, The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree
- Brigitte Reimann's Tagebücher 1964-1970, Alles schmeckt nach Abschied -- not yet translated, but apparently in the works
- Edogawa Rampo's 1931 novel Gold Mask, pitting his amateur detective Akechi Kogorō against Maurice Leblanc's Arsène Lupin
- Donna Zuckerberg on Classics and Misogyny in the Digital Age, in Not All Dead White Men
- Rodrigo Fresán's 2018 Best Translated Book Award-winning novel, The Invented Part
- Barry N. Malzberg's 1974 novel, The Destruction of the Temple
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2020 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links