Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Lebanese author Jabbour Douaihy's novel, Printed in Beirut
- Yasmina Reza's 2016 prix Renaudot-winning novel, Babylon, now in English
- The final volume of Karl Ove Knausgaard's epic work, My Struggle: Book Six (to be published in the UK as The End)
- A collection of essays by Alain Mabanckou, The Tears of the Black Man, just out in English from Indiana University Press
- Amélie Nothomb's latest, Strike Your Heart, just about out from Europa Editions
- Argentine author Norah Lange, finally in English, with her 1950 novel, People in the Room
- Adam Tooze on How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World, in Crashed
- Jon Fosse's Nordic Council Literature Prize-winning Trilogy -- and its three separate parts, Wakefulness, Olav's Dreams, and Weariness
- Two early, forgotten novels by bestselling author Johannes Mario Simmel:
- Hubert Haddad's head-transplant novel, Desirable Body
- Lutz Seiler's 2014 German Book Prize-winning novel, Kruso
- François Blais' amusing Document 1
- Alain Guiraudie's prix Sade-winning novel, Now the Night Begins
- Two works by Dutch great Willem Frederik Hermans:
- Someone was finally up to the challenge of rendering Georges Perec's Wishes in English ...
- Imraan Coovadia does science fiction, in A Spy in Time
- An Account of the Sultanate and Its People: Muḥammad al-Tūnisī travels In Darfur, now in a bilingual edition in the Library of Arabic Literature-series
- Philip Roth's novella, The Prague Orgy
- Gustave Flaubert's classic, Sentimental Education
- Roberto Arlt's 1926 novel, Mad Toy
- Ōhara Mariko's 1990 novel, Hybrid Child, just out in English from the University of Minnesota Press
- Hindi poet Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala''s 1939 work, A Life Misspent
- Xiao Hong's 1941 novel Ma Bo’le’s Second Life, now in English -- in a more-than-just-translated-by Howard Goldblatt version, from Open Letter
- Serhiy Zhadan's Mesopotamia, just out in English from Yale University Press, in their Margellos World Republic of Letters-series
- Wolfgang Herrndorf's Sand, now also in a US edition, from New York Review Books
- William Haggard's 1959 thriller, Venetian Blind
- Ismail Kadare's The Traitor's Niche, now also out in a US edition
- Norman Mailer's 1962 collection of poetry, Deaths for the Ladies (and other disasters)
- Christoph Ransmayr's Man Booker International Prize-longlisted novel-in-(almost-)verse, The Flying Mountain
- Carlos Rojas' 1978 Goya novel, The Valley of the Fallen, finally available in English, in Edith Grossman's translation
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2018 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links