Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Kim Sagwa's Mina, just about out, from Two Lines Press
- Nobel laureate Luigi Pirandello's 1926 novel, One, No One, and One Hundred Thousand, just re-issued by Spurl
- A new translation of Arkady and Boris Strugatsky's The Snail on the Slope, just out from Chicago Review Press
- Pablo Katchadjian's playful What to Do
- A new novel from Gianrico Carofiglio, The Cold Summer, just out from Bitter Lemon Press
- A most impressive Iris Murdoch novel, An Accidental Man
- Monique Wittig's 1969 classic, Les Guérillères
- A Tragicomedy in Five Acts by Venedikt Erofeev, Walpurgis Night, or the Steps of the Commander
- Pierre Lemaitre's thriller, Inhuman Resources, now out in English
- Theodor Kallifatides On Memory, Language, Love, and the Passage of Time, in Another Life
- Virginie Despentes' 1998 novel, Pretty Things, now in English, from Feminist Press
- The Case of a Literary Legacy by Benjamin Balint, Kafka's Last Trial
- Dror Burstein's Netanya
- Faroese author William Heinesen's The Black Cauldron, recently re-issued by Dedalus
- Bragi Ólafsson's Narrator, just out from Open Letter
- Byzantine author John Tzetzes' Allegories of the Iliad, from the Dumbarton Oaks Medieval Library
- Another of Frédéric Dard's dark little tales, The Gravediggers' Bread
- Thomas Mofolo's Sesotho classic, Chaka
- Lee Child's 2002 thriller, Without Fail
- A Modernist Chinese Novel by Wang Meng, his 1979 Bolshevik Salute
- Ogawa Yōko's 猫を抱いて象と泳ぐ -- also available in French, German, Italian, and Spanish, but not English ...
- Naguib Mahfouz's 1981 novel, Wedding Song
- Lee Hyoseok's 1941 novel, Endless Blue Sky, now in English from Honford Star
- Anil Ananthaswamy on The Elegant Experiment That Captures the Enigma of Our Quantum Reality, in Through Two Doors at Once
- Murakami Haruki's latest, Killing Commendatore
- Lebanese author Jabbour Douaihy's novel, Printed in Beirut
- Yasmina Reza's 2016 prix Renaudot-winning novel, Babylon, now in English
- The final volume of Karl Ove Knausgaard's epic work, My Struggle: Book Six (to be published in the UK as The End)
- A collection of essays by Alain Mabanckou, The Tears of the Black Man, just out in English from Indiana University Press
- Amélie Nothomb's latest, Strike Your Heart, just about out from Europa Editions
- Argentine author Norah Lange, finally in English, with her 1950 novel, People in the Room
- Adam Tooze on How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World, in Crashed
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2018 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links