Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland's new novel, The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O.
- Manuel Pérez Subirana's 2003 novel, Losing is What Matters
- Leif GW Persson's The Dying Detective, now also out in the US
- Aramaki Yoshio's 1978 science fiction novel, The Sacred Era, now in English, in the University of Minnesota Press' 'Parallel Futures'-series
- Nathalie Léger's Suite for Barbara Loden
- Wojciech Nowicki's travels in another Europe, Salki, just out from Open Letter
- Alexandra Lahav argues In Praise of Litigation
- Miura Shion's dictionary-making novel, The Great Passage -- Japanese pop fiction from AmazonCrossing
- Jonathan Coe's recent novel, Number 11
- Christos Chrissopoulos' slim novella, The Parthenon Bomber -- just (about) out from Other Press
- Nikola Petković's How to Tie Your Shoes, recently from Dalkey Archive Press
- Science fiction from Nobel laureate Ōe Kenzaburō, his 1990 novel, 治療塔
- Zareh Vorpouni's 1967 novel, The Candidate -- a rare translation from the (Western) Armenian, recently from Syracuse University Press
- Adam Kirsch on Writing the World in the 21st Century, in The Global Novel
- Popular Indonesian fiction, from AmazonCrossing, Dee Lestari's Paper Boats
- Marian Engel's notorious 1976 novel, Bear
- Tanizaki Jun'ichirō's late work, The Maids
- Paul Theroux's new novel, Mother Land
- José Ovejero's Premio Alfaguara-winning novel, Inventing Love, in the new Peter Owen 'World Series'
- Four early stories by Tanizaki Jun'ichirō, in Red Roofs & Other Stories
- Sylvain Maréchal's 1801 novella, The Woman Priest
- More Frédéric Dard from Pushkin Press, The King of Fools
- Ben Blatt on What the Numbers Reveal About the Classics, Bestsellers, and Our Own Writing, in Nabokov's Favorite Word is Mauve
- Syrian author Osama Alomar's recent collection of The Teeth of the Comb & Other Stories
- Another creepy -- in both good and bad ways -- thriller by Minato Kanae, Penance
- Qiu Miaojin's college-years classic, Notes of a Crocodile, just out from New York Review Books
- Laurent Binet's novel of Roland Barthes' murder, The Seventh Function of Language, just out in the UK
- Nakamura Fuminori's Akutagawa Prize-winning The Boy in the Earth, now out in English
- Oulipo-author Anne Garréta's Not One Day, just (about) out from Deep Vellum
- João Almino's recent novel, Enigmas of Spring
- A review-overview of Mariam Petrosyan's massive The Gray House, just out in English from AmazonCrossing
- Israeli author Nir Hezroni's thriller, Three Envelopes, just out in English
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2017 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links