Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Twenty stories by Tsutsui Yasutaka, in Bullseye !
- Georges Perec's early (but only recently recovered) novel, Portrait of a Man Known as Il Condottiere (published as Portrait of a Man in the UK)
- Gilbert Adair's amusing variation on the Golden Age mystery, The Act of Roger Murgatroyd
- Dennis Potter's 1973 novel, Hide and Seek
- Pablo Katchadjian's dark little novel, Thanks, just out from Dalkey Archive Press
- Eugene Vodolazkin's Solovyov and Larionov -- just out in the UK (but you'll have to wait until May for the US ed.)
- A new Loeb Classical Library edition and translation of Quintus Smyrnaeus' Posthomerica
- Jon Fosse's collection, Scenes from a Childhood
- Margaret Millar's 1959 novel, The Listening Walls
- Mathias Énard's Tell Them of Battles, Kings, and Elephants, just out in English
- Two of the first titles in the new Red Circle Minis-series -- "short captivating books by Japan's finest contemporary writers":
- Pascale Pujol's Little Culinary Triumphs, just out in English from Europa Editions
- A short novel and shorter sequel by Arnon Grunberg:
- A new translation, by Mark Gibeau, of Dazai Osamu's classic 人間失格 A Shameful Life, just out from Stone Bridge Press
- Mauritanian author Mbarek Ould Beyrouk's prix Ahmadou-Kourouma-winning novel, The Desert and the Drum, just out in English from Dedalus
- Ricardo Piglia's The Diaries of Emilio Renzi: The Happy Years, just out from Restless Books
- Gina Apostol's new novel, Insurrecto
- Volume 1 of Abu'l-Fazl's The History of Akbar, in the Murty Classical Library of India from Harvard University Press
- Iwaki Kei's Farewell, My Orange, just out in English from Europa Editions
- The latest Higashino Keigo mystery, Newcomer
- Jean Améry's Portrait of a Simple Man, Charles Bovary, Country Doctor, just out in English from New York Review Books
- Venezuelan author Eduardo Sánchez Rugeles' Blue Label, just out in English from Turtle Point Press
- Natsume Sōseki's classic, I am a Cat
- Two Novellas by Gerard Reve, Childhood
- Pablo Martín Sánchez's novel of The Anarchist Who Shared My Name, just out from Deep Vellum
- The first in Delacorta's infamous series, Nana
- Slovenian author Jasmin B. Frelih's In/Half, just out in English from Oneworld
- Mishima Yukio's 1961 novel, The Frolic of the Beasts, translated for the first time
- Honoré de Balzac's Treatise on Modern Stimulants, in a lovely little edition from Wakefield Press
- Another Lee Child thriller, The Enemy
- The latest by David Albahari, Checkpoint
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2018 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links