Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Vivek Shanbhag's Ghachar Ghochar, now also in a US/UK edition
- Madeleine Bourdouxhe's 1937 classic, La Femme de Gilles, recently re-issued in the US by Melville House
- Mizumura Minae's Inheritance from Mother, forthcoming from Other Press in May
- Martin Felipe Castagnet's Bodies of Summer -- new science fiction, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Galician author Miguel Anxo Fernández's Raymond Chandleresque A Niche for Marilyn
- Paulo Lemos Horta on the Secret Authors of the Arabian Nights, in Marvellous Thieves
- Raduan Nassar's Man Booker International Prize longlisted A Cup of Rage, now also in a US edition
- Augusto De Angelis' 1942 mystery, The Mystery of the Three Orchids
- Iben Mondrup's Justine
- Federico Axat's thriller, Kill the Next One
- Yokoyama Hideo's Six Four -- already out in the UK, and coming to the US soon
- Dennis Marks' study, Wandering Jew: The Search for Joseph Roth
- The just-deceased Michel Déon's The Great and the Good
- A Winter's Tale by Gerard Reve, the Dutch classic, The Evenings -- finally available in English
- Natsuki Shizuko's Murder at Mt. Fuji
- Sébastien Brebel's short novel, Francis Bacon's Armchair
- Guido Mazzoni offer his Theory of the Novel
- Nobel laureate Czesław Miłosz's science fiction 'novel', The Mountains of Parnassus, coming in Yale University Press' Margellos World Republic of Letters series
- Geetanjali Shree's The Empty Space, now also in a US/UK edition from Seagull Books
- Maxime Raymond Bock's recent novella, Baloney
- Mario Benedetti's The Truce, recently published in a new translation by Penguin Modern Classics
- Edmundo Paz Soldán's Norte, just out in English from University of Chicago Press
- Gonçalo M. Tavares' verse-epic A Voyage to India, just out from Dalkey Archive Press
- Sudanese author Amir Tag Elsir's recent novel, Telepathy
- Javier Marías' latest, Thus Bad Begins
- Yoshimoto Banana's new novel, Moshi Moshi
- Kenneth Goldsmith considers Wasting Time on the Internet
- Jean Echenoz's 1992 novel We Three, finally coming out in English (in February ...)
- Vítězslav Nezval's collection, The Absolute Gravedigger, from Twisted Spoon Press
- Another in Dalkey Archive Press' latest batch from the Library of Korean Literature, Ch'ae Man-Sik's 1930s novel, Turbid Rivers
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2017 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links