Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
A Literary Saloon and Site of Review
The complete review's
The complete review respects the privacy of its users completely.
As you have probably noticed the complete review does not ask for any personal information from users whatsoever on this site.
Users are able to use the complete review without registering, telling us anything about themselves, or signing in.
The complete review believes that there are no plausible reasons for any site to require or even request that you provide them with any personal information whatsoever and suggest that you be extremely suspicious of any sites that do ask for (or demand) such information.
The complete review does regularly conduct a rudimentary log-analysis in order to determine how many users visit the site, which pages are visited, and similar information.
The complete review regularly collects the following information by analyzing its logs:
The complete review occasionally collects the following information:
- Number of unique users (but not their identity; see also below)
- Number of page-views for all pages at the complete review
- Referrer reports, indicating which links users followed to reach the complete review (and, if they used search engines, which search terms were entered).
- Host reports -- though these are used solely to identify search engines spidering the site. Note that host reports can not be used to identify individual internet users (at least not with our hard- and software).
- Domain reports, which allow us to identify the domains of users. This is generally only used to identify the countries of origin for users (and, in fact, only gives a general sense of user-nationality-demographics). Again: individual users can not be identified in this manner.
The complete review also obtains information from users through direct and voluntary contact initiated by users (through e-mail, links, and other avenues).
Note that any information that users voluntarily provide (or provide in response to questions or statements by the complete review or any other party) to the complete review by other means -- including but not limited to e-mail, snail mail, fax, telephone, and personal communications -- may, however, be used on this site at the sole discretion of the complete review.
This includes, but is not limited to: links, suggestions, critical comments, and words of praise.
While the complete review tries not to burden users or their computers with those nasty "cookies" we began to use Google Analytics in the spring of 2008.
Regrettably, but predictably, the advertising on the site -- served up by GoogleAds -- also come cookie-laden (as, by now, pretty much every last bit of commercial webpages seems to be); we recommened setting your cookie-filter to: 'Block third-party cookies' and, of course, to purge all cookies as frequently as possible (like every time you open your browser ...).
For a detailed overview of cookies, see the useful WhoIsHostingThis.com guide.
Return to top of page.
© 1999-2021 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links