Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- The Loeb Classical Library and Its Progeny: Proceedings of the First James Loeb Biennial Conference, Munich and Murnau 18-20 May 2017, edited by Jeffrey Henderson and Richard Thomas and recently out from Harvard University Press
- Sergei Lebedev's thriller, Untraceable
- Paul Scheerbart's 1905 novel Munchausen and Clarissa: A Berlin Novel, now in English, from Wakefield Press
- Tove Ditlevsen's The Copenhagen Trilogy, now also out in US editions:
- Another of Nobel laureate Naguib Mahfouz's early historical novel, Thebes at War
- Stefan Grabiński's tales of The Dark Domain
- Gina Apostol's The Revolution According to Raymundo Mata, now also in a US edition
- Feng Jicai's 1986 novel, The Three-Inch Golden Lotus
- Jörg Später's Kracauer: A Biography
- The Apocalypse attributed to Pseudo-Methodius, along with An Alexandrian World Chronicle in a volume from the Dumbarton Oaks Medieval Library
- Armenian author Narek Malian's Point Zero
- Another variation on the chess-novel by Paolo Maurensig, Game of the Gods
- A workplace novel of the 22nd century by Olga Ravn, The Employees
- Isabel Colegate's The Orlando Trilogy (recently re-issued in an omibus edition as Orlando King):
- H.R.F. Keating's mystery-in-verse, Jack, the Lady Killer
- Ermanno Cavazzoni's 1994 collection of Brief Lives of Idiots, just out in English from Wakefield Press
- A transcreation by Douglas Robinson of Volter Kilpi's Gulliver's Voyage to Phantomimia, recently out from Zeta Books
- A 2013 Jack Reacher thriller, Lee Child's Never Go Back
- André Gide's Marshlands, coming in a new translation, from New York Review Books
- Two Anti-Novels by Subimal Misra, This Could Have Become Ramayan Chamar's Tale, now also in a US edition from Open Letter
- Erik Fosnes Hansen's Lobster Life, recently out in English from Norvik Press
- Walter Kempowski's Homeland, which also came out earlier this year in the US as Marrow and Bone
- Penelope Fitzgerald's first novel, The Golden Child
- The two dialogues in the new I Tatti Renaissance Library collection of Giovanni Gioviano Pontano's Dialogues (III):
- The second in Ken MacLeod's The Corporation Wars-trilogy, Insurgence
- Dominique Fortier's Emily Dickinson-novel, Paper Houses -- awarded the prix Renaudot (essai) just last week
- Gesualdo Bufalino's stab at a mystery novel, Qui pro quo
- José Donoso's 1981 novel, The Garden Next Door
- Antti Tuomainen's thriller, The Healer
- Tine Høeg's novel New Passengers, recently out in English from Lolli Editions
- search the site -
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2021 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links