Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- An early Ogawa Yoko novel, the widely translated (but not into English ...) 1998 凍りついた香り
- William Hjortsberg's 1978 novel, Falling Angel
- Brigitte Reimann's first novel, Die Denunziantin, finally available some seven decades after she wrote it
- Jessica Durlacher's 2005 novel, Schrijvers !
- Sven Hanuschek's biography of the great Arno Schmidt
- Maurizio Testa has the master's creation investigate him, in Maigret e il caso Simenon
- The last novel Lars Gustafsson published during his lifetime, Doktor Wassers recept
- Daniel Kehlmann's Kurt Gödel-play, Ghosts in Princeton
- Laurent Mauvignier's The Birthday Party
- Amélie Nothomb's 2021 prix Renaudot-winning novel, First Blood
- Jon Bilbao's unsettling The Strangers, recently out from Dalkey Archive Press
- Vasily Eroshenko's The Narrow Cage: and Other Modern Fairy Tales -- originally written in Japanese and Esperanto (!), now available in English
- Rebecca Makkai's new novel, I Have Some Questions for You
- Lydia Sandgren's Augustpriset-winning novel, Collected Works, now out in English
- Kashimada Maki's novel, Love at Six Thousand Degrees
- Elisa Shua Dusapin's The Pachinko Parlor
- George S. Schuyler's Black Empire, recently out in a nice Penguin Classics edition
- A new translation -- and the first of the complete and uncensored text -- of Nobel laureate Camilo José Cela's The Hive
- David Ely's 1963 novel Seconds -- famously made into a film by John Frankenheimer and starring Rock Hudson
- Joseph S. Catalano offers An Abridged Edition of Jean-Paul Sartre's The Family Idiot: Gustave Flaubert, 1821-1857
- Walter Satterthwait picks up the axe (or buries the hatchet ?) again with The Return of Miss Lizzie, in New York Nocturne
- Brigitte Reimann's 1963 novel Siblings, the first of her fiction to be translated into English, now out from Penguin Classics and coming from Transit Books
- Yuri Felsen's 1930 novel, Deceit, now also out in a US edition
- The second in Mick Herron's Slough House series, Dead Lions
- Two early, unfinished novels by Brigitte Reimann, in Das Mädchen auf der Lotosblume
- Nobel laureate Władysław Reymont's 1924 novel The Revolt of the Animals, finally available in English
- Selby Wynn Schwartz's Booker-longlisted novel, After Sappho, now also in a US edition
- Mikage Eiji's 2017 serial-killer novel, Masquerade and the Nameless Women
- Oswald Wiener's groundbreaking 1969 novel, die verbesserung von mitteleuropa, roman
- Monique Ilboudo's So Distant From My Life, recently from Tilted Axis
- Jonathan Carroll's latest, Mr. Breakfast
- Usami Rin's Akutagawa Prize-winning bestseller, Idol, Burning
- Edith Wharton's 1913 classic, The Custom of the Country
- Colin Cotterill's latest, the stand-alone novel, The Motion Picture Teller
- A new translation (by Ann Goldstein) of Alba de Céspedes' 1952 novel, Forbidden Notebook
- María José Ferrada's small novel of How to Turn Into a Bird
- search the site -
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2023 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links