Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Anthony Burgess' magnum opus, Earthly Powers
- Suat Derviş' 1945 novel In the Shadow of the Yali, now in English, from Other Press
- The latest from Muriel Barbery, A Single Rose
- The first novel by Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka in almost five decades, Chronicles From the Land of the Happiest People on Earth
- Javier Serena's Roberto Bolaño-novel, Last Words on Earth, now in English, from Open Letter
- The latest Jean-Patrick Manchette, just out from New York Review Books, The N'Gustro Affair -- which was also his first
- Yassin Adnan's Hot Maroc
- Benjamín Labatut's International Booker Prize-shortlisted When We Cease to Understand the World, now also out in a US edition
- Part One: An Ill-Considered Jest of Kyokutei Bakin's classic Eight Dogs, or "Hakkenden", just out in English, in the Cornell East Asia Series
- Harald Voetmann's Pliny the Elder-novel, Awake, just about out in English, from New Directions
- Henry James' The American
- Twayne-publisher Jacob Steinberg's I Never Had a Best-Seller: The Story of a Small Publisher
- Ichikawa Takuji's Monkey Man, the latest Red Circle Mini
- Nobel laureate Grazia Deledda's 1920 novel La Madre, recently re-issued by Dedalus
- The final volume in Jin Yong's Legends of the Condor Heroes-quartet, A Heart Divided, now also out in the US
- Oulipo-author Anne Garréta's playful novel In Concrete
- Mateiu Caragiale's 1929 Romanian classic, Rakes of the Old Court, now in English, from Northwestern University Press
- The first in Nobel laureate Doris Lessing's Canopus in Argos: Archives-series, Re: Colonised Planet 5, Shikasta
- Michel Bussi's The Double Mother, now also in a US edition (and published in the UK as: The Other Mother)
- Alain-Paul Mallard's An Evocation of Matthias Stimmberg, now out from Wakefield Press
- Jack London's classic novel, Martin Eden
- Diary of the Collapse by Charif Majdalani, Beirut 2020
- Walter Serner's Last Loosening: A Handbook for the Con Artist & Those Aspiring to Become One
- Henri Bosco's Malicroix, out last year from New York Review Books
- Richard Zenith's landmark biography of Pessoa
- The Arabic Epic of Dhat al-Himma, The Tale of Princess Fatima, Warrior Woman
- Joanna Russ' 1977 classic, We Who Are About To ...
- Another take on The Final Days of Immanuel Kant: Odd Nerdrum's play
- Budhasvāmin's epic, The Emperor of the Sorcerers
- Thomas De Quincey on The Last Days of Immanuel Kant, now also in a nice little edition from Sublunary Editions
- Hagar Olsson's 1933 novel Chitambo, out last year from Norvik Press
- José Maria de Eça de Queirós' 1900 novel, The Illustrious House of Ramires
- Walter Satterthwait's Raoul Whitfield-mystery, Dead Horse
- Nobel laureate Halldór Laxness' 1948 novel, The Atom Station
- Isaka Kotaro's Bullet Train, now also in a US edition (with Brad Pitt appearing in the movie version that's coming out next year)
- Mario Levrero's The Luminous Novel, now in English, from And Other Stories
- search the site -
If you want to support the site,
consider becoming a patron:
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2021 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links